1. Who we are and how to contact us
- www.covid19inquiry.scot is a site operated by the Scottish Covid-19 Inquiry (“We”). We are a public inquiry established under the Inquiries Act 2005.
- You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Each time you use our site, in doing so, you:
- agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the site;
- If you have any difficulties using the site, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to make the site as accessible as possible.
- The following also apply to your use of our site:
3. We may make changes to our site
- We may update and change our site from time to time. We will only provide reasonable notice of any material changes to the content of this site where we are required to do so by law.
4. We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available to you free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for any reason at any time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal, although this may not always be possible.
5. Access to our site outside the UK
- We make no promise that the site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the site from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge that you do so at your own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
6. How you may use material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content or other information or material accessible from the site. We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the site or its content (including any intellectual property notices) and, in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the site or its content.
- Our status as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
7. Our site gives general information only
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice or use your own independent judgement before taking, or refraining from taking, any action based on the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete, up to date or fit for any purpose. Any reliance you may place on information on the site is entirely at your own risk.
8. We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity as a result of your use of this site.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
10. How we may use your personal information
- Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be handled in line with our Privacy Notice which explains how the inquiry will collect your personal data and your rights.
11. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
12. Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and lawful and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using the details set out at the top of the page.
13. We are not responsible for events beyond our control
14. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- If you are unhappy with our site, please contact us as soon as possible using the details set out at the top of this page. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
16. Version control